Major automotive suppliers Aisin Seiki and JATCO have had to suspend production following Japan’s 9.0 earthquake and killer tsunami that rocked the island nation March 11, with Aisin warning customers to prepare for potential parts shortages. “Due to this disaster, we have infrastructure disruptions at present in the surrounding regions, and anticipate consequent production and delivery delays in a matter of days,” says a message sent to customers by Aisin and obtained by Ward’s. “We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.