Johnson Controls Inc. has signed a tentative deal to acquire sole ownership of TechnoTrim's Glasgow, KY, automotive seat trim cover plant. TechnoTrim is a Livonia, MI-based joint venture between JCI and Tachi-S of Japan. TechnoTrim had scheduled an Oct. 1 shutdown for the 116,000-sq.-ft. facility, which now manufactures seat trim covers for Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. JCI says it “jumped at the opportunity” to keep the plant, ending a two-year search ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.