A new survey released by J.D. Power & Associates says hybrid electric vehicle sales will exceed 500,000 units annually by 2008 and hit 872,000 by 2013. The 2003 Hybrid Vehicle Outlook predicts hybrids will account for 1% of the overall U.S. vehicle market by 2005, rising to 3% by 2009. By 2013, they will make up 5% of all vehicles sold. The most notable growth will be in the truck segment, where trucks are expected to account for 39% of all hybrid sales by 2005. The forecast is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.