There are only two U.S. vehicle brands with serious off-road capabilities and military heritage. Jeep and Hummer have strong brand images and rabid followings – not to mention the remarkably similar (and extensively litigated) grilles. But the brands also are distinctly different. The H2 SUT is the latest Hummer model. Jeep offers more affordable vehicles than Hummer – about $35,000 separates entry-level pricing. As a result, Jeep outsold Hummer by a margin of more than 12 to one in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.