General Motors Corp. will eliminate the GMC Jimmy and Chevrolet Blazer nameplates when the next generation midsize sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) go on sale in late 2001, sources tell Ward's. The automaker also has pushed back the public unveiling of the all-new Oldsmobile Bravada, company insiders says, from the New York auto show in April to the Detroit auto show in January, 2001, so it can debut alongside its GMC and Chevrolet brethren. The new GMC and Chevy midsize SUVs will be called ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.