The Canadian Auto Workers union says there will be an estimated 1,100 fewer jobs at Ford Motor Co. of Canada Ltd. by the end of 2008, when a new, tentative 3-year labor contract expires. “It’s a major restructuring, I don’t want to downplay it,” says CAW President Buzz Hargrove, who announced the tentative deal late Monday (Sept. 12) afternoon. Hargrove adds, “I describe it as a modest agreement, but a good agreement for tough times.” Buzz Hargrove Ford workers in Windsor, Ont., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.