PASADENA, CA – John Coletti acts like a proud papa as he boasts that during its 10-year history the Ford Motor Co.’s Special Vehicle Team (SVT) has built its 100,000th vehicle, a 2002 SVT F-150 Lightning pickup. It doesn’t matter to Coletti, chief engineer and driving force behind SVT, that the Ford Div. alone sells twice that many cars and trucks each month. The SVT badge, he says, proclaims that these vehicles are special: Everyday cars and trucks souped up and engineered as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.