Despite government pressure, Johnson Controls Inc. is sticking with plans to shift sun visor production from plants in Michigan and Kentucky to Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, saying the move is critical if it is to remain competitive in that market sector. Some 885 jobs will be cut at JCI’s Southview plant in Holland, MI, and a Glasgow, KY, facility will lose 180 positions. Production of door panels for North American-built vehicles will continue at Southview, says JCI, leaving 427 people ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.