To get a scope on the outstanding year big truck makers are having consider that the 42,547 medium- and heavy-duty rigs sold in July — a 20.6% gain on year-ago — would've been a monthly high for 1998, but in 1999 it's the lowest total since February. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries improved 25.1% compared to year-ago (21,933 vs. 17,530). Navistar International Transportation Corp. was the only manufacturer to post a decline in the segment. Seven months into 1999, Class 8 sales are up 28.8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.