MUMBAI – Three years of market growth here may be coming to an end, as new-vehicle sales declined for the first time in 33 months in July. Industry deliveries totaled 113,822 units, down 1.4% from year-ago’s 115,481. “Sales may improve slightly in a few months, but the margins will continue to be tight,” says a Hyundai Motor India Ltd. spokesperson. Dilip Chenoy, director general of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, now says a previous sales forecast of 3 million vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.