North American manufacturers in June are expected to come close to plan while exceeding year-ago output. Inventories will remain at historic highs as the industry heads into the third quarter. And unless sales pick up, the likelihood of some production shortfalls vs. year-ago means inventories will increase during the remainder of the year. Ward’s estimates North American plants will assemble 1.446 million vehicles in June, or about 99% of what was scheduled at the beginning of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.