MUMBAI – India’s combined domestic and export sales jumped 22% in June to 219,242 cars and utility vehicles, compared with year-ago. Gains have continued despite several rounds of price increases since January. Indeed, most popular models currently have a 2- to 3-month waiting list. Auto makers are feeling optimistic, with the industry now planning a combined investment of Rs1.35 trillion ($29 billion) by 2015 for research and development, skills training and added capacity for vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.