Every time DaimlerChrysler Corp. pulls workers off the shop floor to participate in Manufacturing Leadership Training, the result is about $500,000 in savings. In the two years since the launch of a formal program dedicated to continuous improvement and lean production, the company has created $25 million in savings. The training has become a significant and sustainable component of the overall lean production system that has had an estimated $300 million impact on the base cost of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.