Chrysler 1990: Kirk Kerkorian’s Tracinda Corp. acquires 9.9% of Chrysler Corp. 1995: Kerkorian, joined by retired Chrysler Chairman Lee Iacocca, proposes taking Chrysler private. Ups stake to 14%, but proposal fails. Shortly after, Jerry York joins Kerkorian as Tracinda vice chairman. E1998: Chrysler goes on the block. Tracinda and Iacocca once again try takeover but lack adequate outside financing. DaimlerBenz AG’s $35 billion offer for “merger of equals” revealed in August is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.