STERLING HEIGHTS, MI – Key Safety Systems could have an active low-risk-deployment passenger-side airbag that will eliminate the need for seat-embedded occupant position sensors in cars by ’07, thanks to the use of ticker-tape-like polyester sensor strips. Key (formerly Breed Technologies Inc.) is in talks with auto makers in Asia, Europe and North America about supplying the component to future vehicle programs. One OEM is looking at fitting the airbag on a vehicle that will bow in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.