CHICAGO –Manufacturing vehicles in Korea provides an undeniable cost advantage, says Kia Motors America Executive Vice President Peter Butterfield at a press event here to introduce the company's new Sorento midsize SUV. Thanks to several cost advantages, Kia's new Sorento drastically undercuts the competition The Sorento, a body on frame SUV with 106.7-in. (271-cm) wheelbase, is approximately the same size as a Jeep Grand Cherokee, yet is priced to sell for about $20,000 in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.