TEPLICKA NAD VAHOM, Slovakia – Slovak Prime Minister Iveta Radicova and Kia Motors Slovakia management inaugurate a second engine plant here. The factory, with annual capacity of 150,000 units, will increase Kia’s total production in Slovakia by 50%, to 450,000 a year. The auto maker expects full additional capacity will be reached in 2012 or 2013. Kia invested more than €100 million ($135 million) in the second engine shop, which employs about 160 people but eventually will increase ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.