Engineers from Kia Motors Corp. are meeting with members of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) to determine what engineering changes are required to improve the U.S. crash-test performance of the Kia Spectra, a Kia spokesperson says. Kia Spectra The Spectra recently received an overall “poor” safety rating in IIHS front-impact tests, which were announced Dec. 18. In the test, the vehicle was subjected to a frontal impact at a speed of 40 mph (64 km/h).(See related ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.