SAN FRANCISCO – Kia Motors America is considering additional alternative-powertrain vehicles for its lineup as it approaches the launch of its first U.S.-market hybrid-electric vehicle. “Beyond our hybrid version of the Optima, there’s other stuff coming down the road,” Orth Hedrick, director-product planning, says of the HEV version of Kia’s new midsize sedan, on sale in 2011. Hedrick adds Kia is warily contemplating the addition of a dedicated HEV to its U.S. lineup. Kia’s sister ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.