SEOUL — Kia Motor Corp. unveils its new mid-size Optima sedan here, the first new car platform to be mutually developed with its corporate parent, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. The Optima, which goes on sale in Korea in mid-September and in the U.S. in December, offers six versions and three engine formats: among them, a 1.8L, 2.0L DOHC Sirius II engine and a 2.5L V-6 DOHC Delta. Developed from drawing board to sales floor in just 20 months, the Sonata-based Optima sells in Korea in three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.