KIRKLAND, WA – When Kia Motors America releases its all-new Optima midsize sedan next spring, don't expect to see a Hyundai Sonata clone. Peter Butterfield, KMA president and CEO, says the Optima will look and feel quite different from the Sonata, which is all-new for the '06 model year. Hyundai has delivered 15,743 '06 Sonatas in the U.S. through August. Kia Optima (European Magentis) The Optima is being released in the infancy of a new directive from parent Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.