Kia Motors Corp. posts fourth quarter 2002 earnings of 292.8 billion won ($245 million), more than doubling its like-2001 profit of 130 billion won ($109.3 million). Kia reportedly sold more higher-priced vehicles in the quarter, including the Sorento, Carnival and other high-margin SUVs. Kia also saw its operating profit for the quarter double to 310 billion won ($260.6 million). Sales increased to 4.3 trillion won ($3.6 billion), up 32%. For full-year 2002, Kia’s net income jumped ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.