Kia Motors Corp.’s Jiansu Hyundai Kia Yueda Motor Ltd. joint venture in China triples production capacity to 300,000 units annually. With China’s Dongfeng Motor Corp. replacing Jiansu Yueda in the Kia JV, Kia is permitted to produce and market more than one car model in China. As a result, Kia will launch production of a 1.4L sedan in November followed by a second passenger car in 2004.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.