TEPLICKA NAD VAHOM, Slovakia – Kia Motors Slovakia s.r.o., the Kia Motors Corp. plant based here near the city of Zilina, launches serial production of the Cee’d 5-door hatchback with plans to produce some 5,000 units by the end of the year. Two additional Cee’d body versions will be added in 2007, the 5-door wagon in August and 3-door hatchback in December. The €1 billion ($1.3 billion) plant also will manufacture the Kia Sportage cross/utility vehicle beginning next July. The facility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.