Kia Motors Slovakia is targeting production of 100 vehicles per employee annually at its new €1 billion ($1.3 billion) plant in Zilina, which will produce three distinct models in the coming months, President and CEO Bae In-kyu says. The facility will produce 3-door, 5-door and wagon versions of the new European designed C-segment Cee’d, Sportage SUV and a third undisclosed vehicle. Bae says 5,000 cee’d 5-door models will be produced by the end of this year. Overall output will increase ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.