Kia Motors Corp. reaches the 1 million-unit mark in vehicle exports to Latin America from its plants in South Korea 33 years after trading between the two regions began. The auto maker reaches the milestone, which does not include exports by its overseas factories, with its latest shipment of ethanol-gasoline-powered Soul Flex cross/utility vehicles to Brazil. The achievement is a long way from 1977, when Kia shipped 353 Brisa sedans to Costa Rica. That first year saw 1,050 exports to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.