Kia Motors America says it still wants a North American manufacturing plant but has ruled out sharing facilities with parent company Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., whose first North American plant currently is under construction in Montgomery, AL. Kia is interested in U.S. capacity only if it is used to build a pickup truck. Kia Mojave concept. “I’ve been pretty outspoken that it’s the product we’re asking for,” says Peter M. Butterfield, president and CEO-KMA. Butterfield began his hard ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.