General Motors Corp. chooses Kolbenschmidt Pier-burg AG to make connecting rod/piston “power modules” for its upcoming Series 8100 Vortec V-8 truck engines. Kolbenschmidt will enjoy supplying 1 million pistons annually as GM production estimates hover somewhere near the 130,000 mark for the new Vortec engine. Suppliers of aluminum, forging-grade steel, stainless steel and other materials used in the modules have not been named, according to American Metals Market. In spite of current ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.