General Motors will begin building the redesigned-for-’12 Chevrolet Malibu sedan in Bupyeong, Korea, this fall, followed within weeks by the launch of production in China and then the U.S. in 2012. The auto maker does not provide a firmer timetable other than “this fall” for Korea’s production of the Malibu, a first for the nameplate. A few weeks later, Jingjao, China, will begin building the car for the first time. Expect Korea and China to emerge as major export hubs for the car, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.