SEOUL -- The Korean government announces several reductions in its excise taxes, with the major focus on lowering prices for both domestic and imported cars. The move is made retroactive to Nov. 20 and the reductions will continue through June 30, 2002. Rebates will be given so long as application is made between Dec. 17 and Dec. 23. Wholesalers, retailers and importers will receive the rebates and will also begin paying at the lower rates beginning on Dec. 17. The new excise rate on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.