South Korea’s auto makers sold 3.23 million vehicles at home and abroad in 2001, a 26.7% increase from 2000, final calendar-year data indicate. Exports to the U.S. market rose to an all-time high of 618,235 cars and trucks in 2001, a 30.7% gain. Leader Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. saw record global sales of 1.6 million units, up 4.3% from the prior year. The company’s domestic sales climbed 9.3% to 706,664, thanks largely to strong demand for recreational and commercial vehicles. Exports stayed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.