GRAZ, Austria – KTM-Sportcar GmbH, the young Austrian sports-car maker, will cease output of the X-Bow 2-seater at its plant here this year due to the global economic crisis. Production of the X-Bow began in June 2008. KTM originally expected to make some 500 cars last year and 1,000 in 2009. However, only 500 of the cars have been manufactured up to now, including 80 that have not been sold. The unusual, open-top car is powered by Audi AG’s 4-cyl. 2L FSI 240-hp turbocharged engine. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.