MADRID – Lear Corp.’s announcement of a program to eliminate 78 jobs at its Epila seat plant and idle an additional 32 employees has sparked a bitter labor dispute that is menacing Opel Corsa production in nearby Zaragoza. Lear has had three layoff programs since 2008 at the Epila facility, a former Delphi Corp. operation, as a result of lower-than-expected production of the Corsa at Zaragoza. General Motors Co.’s production plan for 2011 calls for 220,000 Corsas to be assembled, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.