VIENNA – Bipek-Avto plans to inaugurate its assembly plant for OAO AvtoVAZ cars, based in the city of Ust-Kamenogorsk, Eastern Kazakhstan, Dec. 15. Lada 2121 sport/utility vehicles will be assembled, with other models to be added later. The Kazakh company, which is AvtoVAZ’s distributor in the country, will start with semi-knocked-down assembly and change to complete knocked-down kits. It will add its own welding and paint shops later. The Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.