Consolidating production of the Jaguar X-Type and the next-generation Land Rover Freelander heralds the arrival of “a baby Range Rover,” Ward’s learns. “Baby” to slot below Range Rover, above. But the addition to Land Rover’s lineup won’t mitigate 1,100 job losses at the auto maker’s Solihull Assembly Plant in West Midlands, U.K., says Amicus, the union representing affected workers. Amicus reacts with indignation to the auto maker’s announcement that it will – starting in 2006 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.