Growth in light truck sales outpaced that for passenger cars during the second quarter, but it was two car segments that posted the biggest gains during the April-June period (see insert for complete data). Luxury Car sales, up 11.2% for the quarter vs. year-earlier, led all segments in percentage growth, followed closely by Large Car deliveries, up 10.6%. By contrast, no truck segment enjoyed double-digit gains in the quarter. Leading the Luxury Car rise was the Lower Luxury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.