AUBURN HILLS, MI –Tom LaSorda volunteered to step aside as Chrysler LLC’s top executive in favor of controversial retailing sensation Robert Nardelli, who was hand-picked by the auto maker’s new owner. Speaking here a news conference to introduce Nardelli, LaSorda says he told Steve Feinberg, founder and CEO of Cerberus Capital Management LP, which officially took control of Chrysler Aug. 3: “If you think there’s a better executive to help this company, I’m going to put myself second.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.