AUBURN HILLS – Thomas W. LaSorda's ascension to CEO of Chrysler Group is fast-tracked to Sept. 1. Today's announcement will see current CEO Dieter Zetsche take over as head of Mercedes Car Group at that time. Zetsche, 52, fills a gap created by the Aug. 31 resignation of Eckhard Cordes after 29 years and unfulfilled expectations he would succeed Juergen Schrempp as chairman of DaimlerChrysler AG. Tom LaSorda The management board last month passed over Cordes in choosing Zetsche to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.