For years, the auto industry has embraced the notion that airbags need to be “intelligent,” lest they cause injury. Part of TRW's smart airbag strategy is its Active Tether system. For a small passenger, two straps of fabric inside the bag prevent it from fully inflating. They should not deploy, for instance, if a child is leaning forward to adjust the radio at the time of a collision. Still, smart airbags that deploy after factoring in the size and position of a passenger ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.