Delays in launching new models took a bite out of Kia Motor Corp.’s first quarter earnings, down 14.4% to 98.9 billion won ($77.7 million). Sales fell to 2.8 trillion won ($2.2 billion) from 2.9 trillion won ($2.3 billion) a year earlier. However, Kia says the domestic-market launch of its new Sorento SUV in March and the vehicle’s July U.S. launch – delayed from April – should help turn things around in the coming quarters. A Kia spokeswoman says the Sorento is selling well, but those ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.