Nissan sold 1,362 Leaf electric vehicles in the U.S. in August, compared with General Motors’ 302 deliveries of the Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV, WardsAuto data shows. While Nissan can claim victory, both Leaf and Volt sales so far this year are well-below the pace expected when the EVs first went on sale late last year. Nissan also saw good results from its Altima midsize car, up 19.7% and accounting for 23,016 of the auto maker’s 91,541 deliveries last month. The new Versa sedan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.