DEARBORN – Engineers and executives from Osram Sylvania’s Automotive Lighting unit say light-emitting diode (LED) technology is fast becoming the darling of auto interior and exterior designers. The technology’s high-tech-yet-inviting appearance and easy application is accelerating its use in the automotive sector. LEDs, miniscule solid-state lights driven by the movement of electrons on microchips, have two primary advantages over incandescent bulbs: There is no filament to burn out, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.