LAS VEGAS – The relationship between the Subaru Legacy and its Outback trim level historically has been somewhat awkward. The Outback, traditionally 70% of Legacy mix, has been more upscale and more off-road capable, while the Legacy – especially the weak-selling sedan – was relegated to also-ran status, even though the trend-setting Outback originally sprang from the Legacy platform. Outback is flashier big brother to Subaru Legacy sedan. This undesirable differentiation came ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.