Students from 17 universities recently competed in the Third Annual Clean Snowmobile Challenge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The event challenges students to design snowmobiles that cut emissions and noise while improving performance. A Colorado State University team designed a snowmobile that reduces pollution more than 99%, boosts fuel efficiency by 36% and cuts noise to conversational levels. The engine design has the potential to lessen the environmental impact of snowmobiling and cut ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.