DETROIT – What can auto makers do about the high cost of electric vehicles? Well, for one thing, stop talking about it. And add a little spit and polish. That’s the advice from panel members at this week’s “The Business of Plugging In” EV conference here, who say auto makers need to inject some styling pizzazz into their battery-powered models and get consumers to focus on the advantages of EVs, rather than their several-thousand-dollar price premium. “We’re shooting ourselves in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.