Studies have shown at least a third of all airbag-related injuries are facial in nature. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says airbags typically deploy at speeds of about 100 mph (160 km/h) and can cause scratches and scrapes, and, in rare cases, eye injuries. The twin-chamber airbag on the IS could appear on other Lexus offerings. With these statistics in mind, Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus luxury division designed what it calls the world's first twin-chamber airbag, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.