DEARBORN – Advanced electronics in the '06 Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 are contributing to a paradigm shift in Washington's Fuel Economy Guide. Manual transmissions almost always deliver better fuel economy, but the re-engineered entry-level sports sedan from Toyota Motor Corp.'s luxury brand gets better fuel economy with an automatic. Differences range from 1 mpg to 5 mpg (0.4 km/L to 2.23 km/L). '06 Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 (above) due to arrive in showrooms by October. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.