The decision earlier this week by Honda Motor Co. Ltd. to delay the launch of its Acura premium brand in Japan by at least two years likely was prompted by the slow start of Toyota Motor Corp.’s rival Lexus brand, analysts tell Ward's. “Lexus sales (in Japan) have been very disappointing and behind plan,” says Tim Urquhart, Asian automotive analyst for Global Insight in London. Masakai Taketani, director-Asian vehicle forecasts for CSM Worldwide Inc. in Detroit, agrees. Lexus made its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.