SALINAS, CA – At the heart of the new ’08 Lexus IS-F sport sedan sits an advanced powertrain combination capable of producing stellar performance without impeding the Japanese auto maker’s penchant for refinement. On sale early next year, the IS-F is tasked with confronting the formidable BMW M3 and Audi RS4 and their respective 4.0L (414 hp) and 4.2L V-8s (420 hp). The Lexus’ larger-displacement 5.0L DOHC V-8, known as the 2UR-GSE, is a solid match for the German thoroughbreds in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.