PALM SPRINGS, CA – Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus Div. makes no secret about going after mid-luxury segment leaders Mercedes-Benz AG and BMW AG, as executives here say the all-new ’06 GS model will achieve an annual sales rate of about 33,000 units, or a more than 14% share of the mid-luxury segment. That’s a significant increase over the previous-generation GS, which last year sold 8,262 units (including 6,914 of the 300 and 1,348 of the 430), according to Ward’s data, for less than 5% of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.